- Contact all relevant authorities to notify of your new address.
- Return all library books, DVD's etc.
- Arrange transfer of bank accounts, internet, telephone, gas, electricity connections.
- Fill prescriptions needed the week before and after the move.
- Service your car, drain the lawnmower.
- Arrange final readings of gas and electricity meters, remove batteries.
- Discontinue any delivery services, newspapers, automated payment plans and local memberships. Collect dry cleaning.
- Leave a note or small gift for new residents.
- Create a packet for new residents with owner's manuals and warranties for appliances.
Packing and Labeling
- Label boxes on all sides so you can see what it contains in a stack without having to move everything around.
- Clearly mark boxes containing fragile goods.
- Pack a suitcase with clothes and toiletries like you’re going on a trip for a few days.
- Make sure pets have ID tags on their collars.