- On May 17, 2017
Preperation is Key!
With your moving day just around the corner, you are aware that after weeks of planning and organizing the moving adventure is about to commence. The moment you’ve been anticipating for so long is getting closer and you will finally settle into your new home. But, in the meantime, you will have to plan for and overcome all moving day challenges and potential difficulties. No one said that planning a household move is an easy task, but if you are organized and utilize available resources your relocation should go smoothly.
How to get organized for the moving day?
Proper organization is the key to stress-free moving. If your upcoming moving day is stressing you out, consider hiring professional removalists who will take care of the relocation in an efficient and timely manner. Leaving daunting planning and heavy lifting to the professionals is the best thing you can do in order to make this move less stressful on you and your family.
Even if you decide to hire movers, you need to do your research and be sure you have made a good choice. Unfortunately, there are a lot of fraudulent removal companies operating in Australia and if you are not careful enough you can easily become victim of rogue movers.
Although you are going to entrust a great deal of moving tasks and responsibilities to your movers, there are certain activities that should be performed in advance and it’s up to you to tackle them one at a time.
What needs to be done before movers arrive?
– Plan your moving day schedule in advance and stick to it as much as possible. Timely and accurate preparation may go a long way toward having a successful moving day.
– An efficient floor plan will save you a lot of time and energy and keep confusion at bay when it comes to unloading moving boxes and placing them into the designated rooms.
– Inspect the whole house once again so as to make sure that you haven’t left anything behind.
– If you have agreed to have your fragile and valuable items packed by professionals, don’t try to pack them on your own.
– Make sure both your current home and the new one are clean and clutter-free. Even if you don’t like the house you are about to move out from, you should leave it in good condition for the next resident.
– Hire a babysitter or ask your friends/neighbors to take care of your kids and pets on moving day. A barking dog or a crying toddler can be a distraction on the day of the move, so make sure you keep them safe elsewhere. That way it will be easier for you to focus on duties and responsibilities from the moving day checklist.
- Organize a parking spot for the moving truck. If a special permit is needed, make sure you get it before the moving day.